New Year’s Resolutions are a fantastic way to kick off your year and start fresh. You can set meaningful goals for yourself; like being more productive at work, focusing on your career path, reflecting on your life goals, your relationships, and more!
Here are ACCESS Nursing’s 8 most achievable goals to share with nurses everywhere:
- Focus on your health -- Nurses often find it difficult to carve out time to exercise and make their own health a priority. In 2022, start by working out once or twice a week and increase gradually as your schedule permits. Although fast food and ordering out on your way home from work may be an easier solution, try to incorporate healthier meals into your diet this new year. Cook and prepare your own meals for the week on your day off and have them ready to go. This is definitely a much healthier alternative to fast food!
- Work smarter -- Plan ahead for what you need to accomplish during the day. List your tasks at the beginning of your shift so you can focus your time and attention on what you need to do first. This will save you a lot of stress as you go about your day.
- Expand your network --Join professional nursing organizations so that you can discover new learning and work opportunities.
- Keep learning -- Health care today is constantly adapting and changing, and medical advancements are continuously happening. Be a lifetime learner by staying current. Read nursing journals, take courses, attend industry events and seminars, and participate in professional programs whenever they are available to you.
- Create a work environment you enjoy being in -- Trying to stay positive will give you more energy and confidence to face the challenges of your day. Be sure to smile more, surprise someone with a cup of coffee, create new friendships with colleagues, say goodbye to everyone before leaving, etc. It may sound silly, but these small things go a long way and will make your work environment a happier one to be part of.
- Prioritize your personal life -- It’s important to remember that you have a life outside of your career. Be sure that you are setting time aside for things you enjoy. Take vacations, go out to dinner with friends, have family time. Take a step back and do not allow your job to burn you out this year.
- Be the type of nurse you would want to take care of yourself -- Although nursing can be extremely stressful and some days can be long and exhausting, remind yourself of how you would like to be cared for if you or someone you love were the patient.
- Kick off your 2022 job search by connecting with ACCESS Nursing Services. ACCESS Nursing Services is currently seeking RNs, LPNs, and AIDES throughout New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts to staff hospitals, private residences, and other healthcare facilities. For more information, visit the ACCESS Nursing careers page.